I recently came across black bean spaghetti so I wanted to give my go-to spaghetti sauce recipe a whirl with this type of pasta. Black bean spaghetti is gluten free, vegan and I like to buy the organic version. It is also high protein and high fibre!! It is made from black beans and water so it’s perfect if you are following a plant based diet or if you are gluten free and miss those spaghetti days!
I added halloumi to my dish but if you are vegan it is just as tasty without!
You will need:
200g Black bean spaghetti
1 spring onion, sliced finely
3 sprigs of thyme, de-stalked
2 x garlic cloves, sliced finely
1- x cherry tomatoes chopped in half
zest of 1/2 a lemon
100g halloumi, cut into small cubes
rocket to serve
juice of 1/2 a lemon
salt and pepper
- Bring a medium pan of water to the boil.
- Add in the spaghetti and reduce the heat to a simmer
- Place a medium frying pan on a medium heat with some olive oil
- Add in half of the spring onion, the thyme, garlic, zest and cherry tomatoes to the pan.
- Keep on moving the pan to ensure the ingredients don’t catch, place to one side in another dish
- Add in the halloumi to the hot pan with some oil and brown slightly
- Place the tomato mixture back into the pan
- Once cooked, drain the spaghetti and return to pan.
- Add in the tomato mixture with the lemon juice
- Stir in the rocket
- Serve into bowls
- Season to taste
- Enjoy x x
- This sauce is delicious with wheat pasta as well.