I haven’t done a recipe for bliss balls in such a long time and they are things I make pretty much every week for meal prep 🙂
Cacao and mint are one of my favourite combinations so I thought I would share this ever so easy and simple recipe with you!
You will need:
2 cups of activated nuts (I use almonds or pistachios)
1 cup of dried fruit (I used cranberries)
1/2 cup of dried figs
3 tbsp. of dessicated coconut
pinch of salt
pinch of cinnamon
1/2 cup of Kapai puku or a mixed seed mix
1 tbsp. of raw cacao
1/4-1/2 tsp of peppermint essence (put small amount in and add more if necessary)
Optional* dash of water or coconut water if the mixture is too dry
Cacao nibs to roll the balls in
*optional protein powder
- Combine all of the ingredients into a blender such as the Vitamix (except for the cacao nibs). Blend on a low setting and use a tamper to combine as the mixture becomes moist. I like to leave mine with a few larger pieces of the nuts and seeds!
- Put the mixture into a mixing bowl. Use tablespoon measures for each ball and roll between your hands.
- Taste to see if you need to add any more peppermint (use sparingly)
- Roll the balls in the cacao nibs
- Pop the balls onto a baking tray and place into the freezer for at least 1/2 an hour.
- These can be left in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 3 months….just pull them out as you need them or the night before!
- Enjoy xx
- you can use a variety of other toppings to roll the balls in: chia seeds, sesame seeds, coconut, acai powder and cinnamon.