I thought I would have the summer dresses and sandals on by now but the rain and a=cold has been coming at us in Sydney lately!! I’ve been following my own low-carb program but I was craving something warm with the cold nights we’ve been having!
This soup is so tasty with the roasted cauliflower and it’s super healthy and something you can make for meal prep 🙂
Like most of my dishes I used my awesome Vitamix to blend it to the most perfect silky texture but you could leave it chunky if you prefer more of a broth 🙂
You will need:
2 tbsp Cobram Estate olive oil
2 brown onions
1 stalk of celery, finely chopped
1 carrot sliced finely into discs
4 cloves of garlic, whole
1 whole cauliflower
2 cups of chopped kale
500ml of vegetable stock
500ml of filtered water
salt and pepper
**optional garnish of cheddar cheese and parsley
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C (fan forced)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, cook the onion until softened. Add the celery and carrot and cook for a few minutes until starting to soften. Next add the kale until that softens.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer.
- Slice 4 slices of cauliflower and break the rest into florets.
- Line a baking tray and add the cauliflower slices and garlic with some seasoning, paprika and thyme and a splash of olive oil. Roast until golden brown.
- Add the remaining cauliflower to the pan with the rest of the vegetables. Top up with water to ensure all the vegetables are covered.
- Simmer for a further 10 minutes or until all the vegetables are cooked/soft.
- Season soup to taste.
- Blend the soup in a high speed blender.
- Season to taste.
- Serve by ladling into bowls.
- Top with the roasted cauliflower, crumbled cheese and parsley. I also add whole cloves of the roasted garlic but you could chop and scatter through.
- Enjoy x x