True to form I thought another matcha recipe was mandatory! I love the flavour of these protein balls, you can really taste the green tea coming through and the carob and pistachio compliment this perfectly.
You will need:
1 cup pistachios
1/4 cup of hazelnuts
1 tbsp matcha powder, I use Your Tea
1/4 cup of raisins
1/2 cup apricots
4 pitted medjool dates
1/2 tbsp honey
**Optional protein powder
- Place the Pistachios and hazelnuts in a high speed blender. I like to leave a few larger pieces but it’s personal preference. Place in a bowl, leaving 3 tbsp to one side (for dipping in later)
- Place the rest of the ingredients into the blender and blend. Add in the pistachio mix and blend.
- Place the mix into a bowl making sure the ingredients have combined thoroughly.
- Roll into 1 tbsp balls and place onto a lined baking tray/container and then freeze for at least half an hour.
- Melt some carob in a pan
- Skewer the protein balls and dip them into the melted carob and pistachio mix which was put to one side
- Enjoy x x
- makes 12 balls
- can be stored in the fridge for up to one week or frozen for up to three months