I love making a warm salad, especially as it’s now getting a bit cooler over here in Sydney. This is my favourite combination but you could roast different vegetables in the spices such as: zucchini, pumpkin, broccoli, carrots and capsicum.
I make a lime and coriander coconut yoghurt to go with this salad but you could use natural yoghurt if you eat dairy.
You know how much I like making my life easy with healthy food and this is a dish you can prepare in advance if you are roasting a big tray of vegetables in order to make a few different dishes (#mealprep).
You will need:
1 large sweet potato
1/2 a cauliflower
1 cup of kale
I cup of cooked quinoa
1 tbsp moroccan spice mix (see notes)
Coriander and lime yoghurt
1/4 cup of chopped coriander
3 tbsp of coconut yoghurt
juice and zest of 1/2 a lime
- Preheat your oven to 150 degrees C.
- Prepare the sweet potato and cauliflower in a roasting tray. Drizzle with olive oil and the moroccan spice mix. Place into the preheated oven for around 25 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked.
- Cook the quinoa: rinse the quinoa until the water runs clear, place the rinsed quinoa into a pan with 2 cups of water and a dash of apple cider vinegar. Bring the water to a boil and then reduce to a simmer until all the water has absorbed (around 10 – 15 minutes). Leave the quinoa in the pan to cool.
- Massage the kale with olive oil, salt and pepper until kale is limp.
- Toast some almonds in a hot pan on the stove and pace to one side
- Place all of the ingredients for the yoghurt into a bowl and mix well
- Assemble the quinoa, roasted vegetables and kale into a bowl or plate. Top with the yoghurt and toasted almonds.
- Enjoy x x
- A good moroccan spice blend includes: ground cumin, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, ground coriander, cayenne, ground allspice, ground cloves, salt and pepper