I’m sure you’ve seen on Instagram my involvement with Swisse Skincare. It’s so nice to be part of a company I truly believe in as all of their skincare is 100% natural and organic. I have been using their Micellar make-up remover and Rose-hip oil since they launched and couldn’t live without these products in my cosmetics cupboard.
You all know the nightmare I’ve had with my skin in recent years, namely Rosacea (you can read about it here and see the graphic images – sorry!)…I still get the occasional flare up but out of all the things I’ve used I’ve found natural skincare the most effective and least harmful for the reaction. Also, I guess I’ve become more conscious about my health and knowing exactly what goes into my body as well as what goes on the surface.
Recently, Swisse invited me to an event to test out some of their newest products to see what I thought. I was hoping and praying these could be some more products I could add to my ‘safe’ natural skincare collection. All of these products are fragrance free, and combine vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and sustainably sourced botanical extracts that are friendly to your body and the environment.
In their new range they have included three Natural Defence SPF Face products, an Echinacea Moisturiser, a Body Polish and a Body Oil to their range. The fact they are offering a natural SPF product is exciting as sunscreen has given me the worst reactions on my face. Also the higher SPF BB creams are tinted which is really handy if you are looking for that extra bit of coverage.
Check out my take on the new range below:
- Sea Salt Body polish: I feel like I’m always scrubbing my body to relieve dry skin, get rid of fake tan, improve circulation and so on! This sea salt body polish has a really subtle scent and the scrubbing elements are quite fine which I like. Sometimes I need a really gritty scrub to get the job done but this is a nice one you could use regularly and it leaves your skin feeling nice and moisturised.
- Multivitamin Repair Body Oil: Along with scrubbing I have taken to using natural oils to moisturise my body as opposed to creams. I find that oil sinks into the skin and leaves it feeling nourished for longer as well as leaving it look more replenished. This oil is really quick drying and lightweight and it leaves the skin looking even and nourished. I really love this oil and it is free from essential oils making it a great alternative for pregnant and breastfeeding mothers.
- Natural Defence Moisturiser SPF15: Really lightweight daily moisturiser providing natural protection from the effects of infra-red, UVA/UVB exposure and environmental pollutants on the skin. I like the fact it offers an SPF15 as it makes it a good option for everyday use…..even in the winter here in Sydney I find I need protection from the sun so this is perfect! It includes many botanical extracts such as knotgrass, Tasmanian Pepper Leaf, and Broccoli which all assist in the prevention of premature raging caused by environmental damage.
- Natural Defence BB Cream: This is available in light and medium beige. I like using the light beige but I could probably mix the two if I felt I needed a bit more tint in the summer. Again this is a really lightweight moisturiser and it offers a higher SPF of 30 so I would use this when I felt I needed the extra protection but wanted coverage as well. This gives a really nice glow to your face after application and quite a good amount of tint. I would be more than happy using this instead of a foundation as the coverage is quite substantial.
- Echinacea Clear Skin Moisturiser: So this moisturiser was developed for blemish prone skin…..it’s also a lightweight daily moisturiser looking to produce a calming effect on the skin and enhancing skin clarity and balance through botanical extracts such as echinacea. I have only used this a couple of times but it has a really nice lightweight, quick-drying feel on the skin. If my skin had a lot of breakouts this would be the product I would use as prolonged use helps to control sebum levels and oiliness preventing future breakouts.
- Natural Defence BB cream – love that it has an SPF, its natural, offers good coverage and it leaves the skin feeling fresh and well nourished.
Overall, I’m really impressed with the Swisse skincare line. As I said above, I’m becoming more conscious about everything I am consuming as well the multitude of things I rub into my skin everyday. When I look around my bathroom and in my cupboards I am amazed at all of the things I use everyday so it’s nice to know that slowly but surely the natural products are taking over. I would much rather be using organic skincare solutions then chemical laden products and the fact that the organic products actually work and do the job just as well is really exciting for the organic skincare space. I’m just hoping some more natural make-up options that actually work will be gracing our shelves very soon 🙂
Whats your take on natural skincare products? Do you use them and which are your favourites? I’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below
Sophie x x