I don’t know about you but time is flying – I literally can’t believe it’s almost the middle of the year!! With this in mind, as I’m getting busier I find my meditation goes out the window. Or at least my daily, long practice (I’m always taking a moment with my breath throughout the day).
Anyway I wanted to put together a really quick and easy meditation to help you start your day with clarity (even for the busiest of people!). This can be as little as 5 minutes – I’m sure we’ve all got a spare 5 minutes available!!
Quick and easy morning meditation
- Get comfy in a quiet place (it’s best to be seated with an upright back) and close down your eyes. You don’t have to sit cross legged, you can be on a chair or sitting on your heels. Try to keep your palms relaxed and facing upwards.
- Become Present – notice your surroundings, hear the noises outside, feel the force of gravity pulling you down into your seated position, feel the way your sit bones feel underneath you.
- Bring your awareness to your breath now….follow the air as it flows all the way into your belly, feeling your belly expanding, chest expanding and following as it flows out. Chest contracting, belly contracting. On each out breath let go of a little more tension.
- Practice deep breathing. Breathe in for the count of four and out for the count of six. Continue doing this, counting in your head and notice a difference in how you feel.
- After a few minutes bring your focus back to the present moment and your surroundings.
- Give thanks and gratitude for your breath.
- Relish in the moment before going on with your day
- Namaste x x
Wearing a beautiful new set from Cotton On Body
Shot at the most amazing studio based in North Sydney: Oski Yoga
Please let me know if you have any questions or queries about this post or meditation in general – I love hearing from you