Recipe for vegan spicy almond chai….my favourite cuppa!
You might already know that my battle with Rosacea has left me without my beloved coffee, every morning I will have a cup of black chai or earl grey tea and that is my fix! For a while I felt completely out of the coffee loop, going to the cafe every morning was part of my routine and now it seemed pointless just to go for a cup of tea! Recently though I’ve found so many places serving my new favourite thing: almond chai 🙂
This is not something I drink often but if I happen to be strolling past Orchards Street or Organic Avenue I might just treat myself! I had a go at making my own and loved the outcome so thought I would share it with you 🙂
You can find my post for basic almond milk here and home-made makes all the difference! you can use chai tea bags or buy loose leaf and fill your own tea bags if you have them.
You will need:
350 ml of almond milk
chai tea bags
sprinkling of nutmeg
sprinkling of cinnamon
1/4 tsp of vanilla powder
1 tsp of maple syrup
cinnamon sticks *optional
- Brew the tea in a small amount of boiling water
- Heat the almond milk in a pan to warm
- Place the almond milk in a blender (such as the Vitamix) and add the nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla powder and syrup. Blend to a nice frothy mixture.
- Place the tea and water in a mug and top with the almond milk.
- Decorate with a cinnamon stick
- Enjoy x x