I know I’ve said it before but fruit crumble is terribly nostalgic for me. Growing up in Wales my mum would regularly make crumble with the fruit we would harvest from the garden. Usually rhubarb, wild blackberries and apples. This is quite different from the crumble I had growing up as it is SUGAR FREE!! I have used Natvia as my sweetener and it is such a great choice if you are trying to cut sugar from your diet.
Natvia is a great tasting sweetener made from 100% naturally sourced GMO-free ingredients. Created from a unique blend of stevia natural plant and erythritol, a natural nectar found in plants, Natvia tastes deliciously sweet with no bitter aftertaste.
This divine crumble is best served warm but can be eaten cold as well. I use natural coconut yoghurt as my topping as it is also free from sugar and tastes DE- LISH 🙂
You will need:
1 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup of Natvia
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cardamom
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp vanilla powder
4x tbsp coconut oil, melted
3x Apples, peeled, cored and cubed
1x lime, juiced
1/2 an orange, juiced
1 tbsp. coconut oil
1 tsp. Acai
Organic, natural coconut yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C – Fan forced
- Combine all of the ingredients for the crumble into a mixing bowl.
- Combine the apple, pear, berries, orange juice and acai into a bowl. Mix and leave to one side.
- Place the crumble on top of the fruit mixture.
- Bake for approx 30 minutes, checking occasionally
- At around 20 minutes I dropped the temperature to 160 degrees
- Serve with dollops of coconut yoghurt
- x x
- You can be inventive with the fruit you use, like rhubarb, blueberries and pear.