As you’ve all seen I don’t really wear much make-up…unless there is an occasion to do so. In which case I love it!
Since I got diagnosed with Rosacea (you can see my story here) I became extremely sensitive to certain products and I guess you could say I developed a bit of a phobia about using skincare and make-up I wasn’t sure of. Also I spend so much time sweating at the gym (and I am a bit of a tom boy) so my preference is always the ‘no make-up, makeup‘ look with a top knot and away I go 🙂
However, recently I’ve been given the opportunity to try out a few things and I have come across some amazing products that have now firmly made their place in my permanent beauty collection….so I thought I would share all of these new found products with you 🙂
I have been going to Mecca since I arrived in Australia 7 years ago. They house the worlds most luxe beauty brands and their service is amazing and stores are always so beautiful. Their products are high-end so be prepared to give the credit card a bit of a beating BUT when it comes to my face and body I don’t mind saving up the pennies for some high end luxury products that I know I can trust.
The thing I also love about Mecca is their service and their rewards system. The service is always great and knowledgeable and if I ever want to try something before buying (all the time) then they will give you a sample pot of product. Also their Beauty Loop rewards system is legit my favourite rewards system out there (especially with my skin dilemmas). Depending on how much you spend Mecca puts you on one of three tiers. 4 times a year they release beauty loop boxes (different for each tier) filled with samples of their new and existing products for free. Also depending on what tier you are on you can get complimentary make-up applications and lessons as well as being invited to exclusive VIP events when world renowned make-up artists are in town. Love it.
Summer beauty essentials
Mecca also house their own in-store luxury brand, selling everything from high quality make-up brushes, skin-care to fake lashes. I was lucky enough to try some of their skin and makeup essentials from this range and I loved the results. Check out which were my favourites below!
- MECCA COSMETICA: In a good light tinted moisturiser SPF30 – My new, absolute FAVOURITE product. I have struggled to find a tinted moisturiser or even a sunscreen that I don’t react to. For years I have been wearing a powdered sunscreen but the amount of times I have forgotten to put it on resulting in sunburn is ridiculous. This product, however gives me NO reaction whatsoever. I am nearly out of my first bottle and I will be straight back to Mecca for another one when I’m finished. I use the fair colour and I find that is good for my skin. I find the product really hydrating and moisturising with good coverage. I will happily wear this alone if I don’t need a lot of coverage. It dries with a nice dewy finish and I find it gives my skin a really nice glow – perfect for summer. It provides broad spectrum protection against UVA and UVB and is SPF 30. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!
- MECCA COSMETICA: Sun kissed bronzing primer – this is a gel based bronzing primer. I tend to mix this with my foundation or tinted moisturiser if I am looking for more of a shimmer or healthy glow. I would typically use this if I was going out for dinner or if I already had fake tan as I find it quite shimmery for every day use (when i’m at the gym or cooking in the kitchen etc). The smell is absolutely divine and reminds me of being on holiday which I love and it has a gorgeous smooth texture and dries really well. I really like this product I just don’t get to use it that much because of what I do for everyday work.
- MECCA COSMETICA: enlightened illuminating balm – oh i love this product! This works really well for my summery ‘no make-up’ look. I apply it to highlight the top of my cheekbones, to shape and highlight my brows and a tiny bit on my nose and cupids bow. It gives a really nice subtle glow and it stays on for a long time. I love it because it doesn’t have the awful glitter look that a lot of highlighters have, this one is sheer but still noticeable. I’ve also used mine as an eyeshadow:)
- MECCA COSMETICA: all set makeup perfecting mist – so refreshing and lightweight! I have found this to be a really great product when I’m wearing a lot of make-up and it’s hot outside. It does help to keep the make-up in place and it’s a good size to pop in your handbag if you need a refreshing spray throughout the day or if you need to touch up you can finish with this. The thing I like about this product is that it dries non-shiny and quickly so it doesn’t make your skin look greasy at all.
- MECCA COSMETICA: brushes – beautiful brushes finished with rose gold hardware – SO pretty and a welcome addition to my beauty kit (Mecca would be appalled at the state of my old brushes!). I got to use the complexion brush – which I have been using for my liquid foundation when i want to blend it more thoroughly or if I am wearing more than usual. The blush brush which is the best blusher brush I’ve ever used. It manages to deposit the perfect amount of blusher to the cheeks and it’s really soft and light. The fool-proof liner brush – LOVE this little brush. In all honesty I’m terrible at applying liquid eyeliner so I tend to use a discreet pencil on my upper lids – this brush enables you to blend the pencil and give the illusion of fuller lashes. LOVE IT.
IF you have any feedback for this post please let me know in the comments below 🙂