‘Zoodles’ or ‘Courgetti’ are such an awesome alternative to spaghetti whether you are gluten intolerant or not. They can be served raw or quickly cooked for a few minutes in the pan.
I wanted to turn a classic ‘crab spaghetti’ into something much healthier and filled with natural goodness so I came up with this. Now that we are in the middle of summer I wanted a light, fresh, zingy dish full of flavour and nutrition. This dish makes the most of seasonal produce and will most certainly put a spring in your step with that kick of chilli!
You will need:
2 x zucchini
6 x Cherry tomatoes on the vine
½ red chilli sliced
The rind and juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp. of Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tsp. chilli flakes
100gms crab meat
2 x cloves garlic, finely sliced
8 x basil leaves torn
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C
- Place the cherry tomatoes on a baking tray and drizzle olive oil over the top. Roast for around 20 minutes and then place to one side.
- Spiralise your zucchini’s and place to one side.
- Zest your lemon and chop your chili, place to one side.
- Add some olive oil to a large fry pan on a medium heat, add your garlic, chilli, lemon zest and chilli flakes and cook for a few minutes.
- Add your zoodles and half of your crabmeat and flash fry to heat through for 2 minutes.
- Take off the heat and add the vinegar, lemon juice, basil and the remainder of the crab.
- Distribute into bowls
- Season to taste
- as a vegan alternative why not try blistering some asparagus in a pan and topping with some vegan pesto
- if you are vegetarian try the asparagus with some goats cheese
**this recipe was originally featured in the Spring box for Retreat Yourself Box if you want more of my recipes make sure you get your hands on the Winter Box coming soon 🙂