I’m not a big fan of authorising sweet-treats for breakfast just because it contains ‘natural’ sugar. I do honestly believe in a well-balanced diet so if you want pancakes for breakfast covered in lashings of maple syrup then that is great! But I wouldn’t recommend it as a morning ritual.
I guess this is one of those treats, however it is surprisingly low-fat and natural so you could keep a block of this in the freezer for your next cheat day! I would also be happy serving this as a dessert….you could finish if off with some fresh berries which would be divine!
I used a mini loaf pan to make the cake with the following dimensions: 14 cm x 8 cm x 6 cm high. You can buy these pans from Williams-Sonoma, here.
You will need:
1/2 cup of chopped pistachios
2 cups of coconut yoghurt
1 tbsp honey
1/2 cup frozen berries
1/2 cup of roasted hazelnuts
2 cups of Paleo Muesli from forage cereal
- In a small loaf pan place the chopped pistachios on the bottom.
- Place the rest of the ingredients (minus the muesli) into a high speed blender. I don’t blend too fine as I like a few large chunks of frozen berries and nuts.
- Pour the mix over the pistachios
- Place the muesli over the top
- Freeze for at least an hour
- Place a plate over the bottom of the loaf pan and flip over (if you are having trouble removing the cake fill a bowl with hot water and place the loaf tin in, being careful not to submerge the whole thing, this should ease the cake out when you flip it over on the plate)
- Enjoy x x