I thought these would be perfect to make for Valentines Day 🙂 I love chocolate, orange and ginger combined, so good!
I have used raw, organic crystallised ginger in the middle but you could substitute this for another dried/crystallised fruit if you can’t get hold of ginger!
If you haven’t made home-made chocolates before, don’t be put off, its so easy! I bought my moulds online and they were not expensive at all!
You will need:
75g cacao butter
4 tbsp of rice or maple syrup
3 tbsp of raw cacao powder
1 pinch of salt
1 tsp of vanilla powder
1 teaspoon of organic orange blossom water
2 tbsp buckinis (activated buckwheat) ground roughly with a mortar & pestle (optional)
the juice and rind of 1/2 an orange
1/2 cup of raw, organic crystallised ginger
This makes around 20 small chocolates
- Melt the cacao butter in a bowl above water.
- Stir in all of the other ingredients (except the ginger)
- Spoon the mixture into the moulds but only filling them half way
- Place a small piece of ginger on the chocolate (see picture below) and place in the freezer for around 30 mins, until set.
- Pull out of the freezer and top with the remainder of the melted chocolate
- Place back into the freezer for another 30 mins until set
- Enjoy x x