I LOOVVEE winter food, especially hearty soups and warming bowls of vegetables and beans BUT sometimes I like a fresh bowl of goodness too. By fresh I mean lots of raw veggies, leafy greens, kimchi and some rice or an alternative. For this dish I chose cauliflower rice as its my new favourite dietary staple 🙂 Check out my vegan nourishing bowl below and let me know what you think:
You will need:
4 x big leaves of kale
1/2 a zucchini spiralised or julienned
1/2 a carrot spiralised or julienned
1/4 cup of borlotti beans
1/4 cup of chopped cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup of kimchi
1/2 cup of cauliflower rice (see below)
** optional extras: cooked salmon/fish, tofu, edamame beans etc
For the cauliflower rice (makes enough for 4 people as a side dish):
1/2 a cauliflower grated
pinch of chilli flakes
salt and pepper
- Grate the cauliflower, heat some coconut oil in a pan and add the grated cauliflower. Reduce the heat and add in the seasoning, chilli (and any other spices/herbs you like). Be careful the cauliflower doesn’t catch in the pan. Add a splash of water until the cauliflower has cooked
- Spiralise the zucchini and carrot and leave to one side.
- Chop the tomatoes and leave to one side.
- Massage the kale with olive oil and a sprinkling of salt in a bowl until soft.
- Arrange all of the ingredients in a bowl and serve.
- Feel free to add some nutritional yeast and lemon juice or Apple Cider Vinegar for the dressing.
Enjoy x x
- I have written and prepared this recipe for the Chefs Palate vegetarian/vegan menu. If you are pushed for time or need an extra hand in the kitchen you can order this meal kit in the coming months from their website (see link above). Chefs Palate has affordable weekly vegetarian and vegan, partly prepared meal-kit options for those who want to embrace healthy living but find it hard to prioritise going to the supermarket and spending hours in the kitchen (they also offer meat and fish options) – check them out NOW!