KONJAC NOODLES I hear you say ??? Yes, they are a thing! The great thing about Konjac noodles is that they are easily digested into the body, great for weight loss, reducing processed carbs into your diet, awesome for meal prep, and for those who may have wheat intolarences or are following a specific diet (like FODMAP, gluten free, carb free, paleo, vegan for example). I know I get a bit bloated with regular pasta and it can make me feel sluggish, unfortunately I LOVE pasta so finding an alternative is awesome for me and still leaves me feeling well nourished, light and energised.
The team at Slendier gifted me their range of pasta, noodle and rice substitutes and after the first meal I had to share a recipe with you! I’m yet to try the rest so if you like this post let me know and I can create some more reipes for you! (I was thinking of a vegetarian vermicelli frittata but open to suggestions).
Anyway I knocked up this ever so easy dish, literally takes 10 minutes so I had to share it with you! FYI Slendier is perfect for meal prep as all you need is warm water to ‘cook’ the pasta alternative.
You will need:
Coconut oil or olive oil
1 x zucchini, diced
8 x Button Mushrooms, diced
1 bunch of broccollini, chopped
1/2 a red onion
1 clove garlic
1 small red chilli
5 cent piece of fresh ginger, crushed or finely diced
*optional 100g Tofu, diced
For the noodles:
1 packet (400g) Spaghetti ‘style’ Slendier
- Prepare all of your vegetables.
- Heat your oil in a large pan or wok. Add the onion, garlic, chilli and ginger and heat until translucent.
- Add in the rest of your vegetables and stir.
- Add in a good splash of tamari and stir fry with the tofu. Reduce the heat and allow to steam/cook.
- Prepare the ‘spaghetti style’ noodles as per the packet instructions (literally drain liquid and soak in hot water for 1 minute)
- Mix the noodles with the vegetables and garnish with coriander, sesame seeds and chilli seasoning
- Enjoy x x
- DO NOT leave the noodles for more than one minute in the hot water they will lose their firmness
- You could add egg and/or pineapple to this dish which would be really tasty
- PERFECT for meal prep as long as you have access to hot water.
- Feel free to add meat, fish and/or any other vegetables you choose