I’m sure you’re aware by now that I love a good hearty soup and I also love filling my freezer up when I am doing my meal prep days! I love this soup with the fresh and zingy lemon taste – perfect as we are coming in to spring!
You will need:
1 onion, finely chopped
3 x zucchini’s
1 litre of hot vegetable stock
5 sprigs of thyme, de-stalked
1 stalk celery
juice and zest of 1 x lemon
optional: greek yoghurt to garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add onion and celery and stir for around 5 minutes. Add zucchini and thyme until zucchini turns bright green. Add hot stock and increase to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes until the zucchini is cooked.
- Place the ingredients in a blender and blend to desired consistency.
- Add the lemon zest and juice
- Season to taste
- Serve with bread and topped with yoghurt (optional)