Oodles of noodles and zoodles….I love this asian inspired dish and the broccoli and cashews make it so creamy and delish! If you are gluten free feel free to just use zoodles or find a wheat free noodle.
You will need:
1 x packet (270g) of soba noodles (I used the green tea ones)
1/2 small broccoli head, cut into small florets
1 zucchini, julienned or spiralised
Cashew, tamari sauce:
1 tsp sesame oil
1 cup cashews, activated
1 tsp chilli flakes
1/4 cup tamari
1 lime, juiced
1 tsp grated ginger
1 tbsp maple syrup
small pieces of cooked broccoli
a handful of torn coriander
mixed sesame seeds
- Place a medium pan on the stove filled with kettle boiled water. Bring to the boil and place the noodles in the water. Simmer according to the desired cooking instructions. When you have 5-10 minutes to go add in the broccoli.
- Once cooked, drain and coat with a little grape seed oil.
- Place most of the cooked broccoli (leaving 1/4 cup for garnish) with the remainder of the ingredients into a high speed blender. Blend until desired consistency is met. I like to keep mine quite chunky.
- Mix the cashew tamari sauce with the noodles and zoodles.
- Mix through the remaining broccoli and add in the sesame seeds
- Arrange onto plates and top with coriander and chopped cashews
- Season to taste
- Enjoy x x