BREAKFAST BOWL HEAVEN! XX
I could have this for breakfast, lunch or dinner! It definitely feels like a meal so is something I would have after a big workout or on my rest day when my body is craving some serious nutrition. I often have this with smoked salmon which works really well! I cook my quinoa as outlined in this recipe.
You will need:
1 tbsp of coconut oil
2 1/2 cups of kale
1 x clove of garlic
1/2 cup of cooked quinoa
2 x poached eggs
1 tbsp of hummus
sprinkling of sunflower kernels
1 x tomato, grilled
1/2 an avocado, sliced
squeeze of 1/2 a lemon
- Place your tomatoes on a baking tray and grill for 10-15 minutes (depending on your grill)
- Heat your oil in a pan. Add in the garlic until it is fragrant but not brown, add in the kale and sauté for a few minutes. Add in the quinoa and heat over a low heat.
- Poach your eggs.
- Transfer the cooked kale to a plate, along with your cooked eggs and grilled tomato.
- Add in the avocado and home-made hummus.
- Season to taste and add a sprinkling of smoked paprika and sunflower kernels. Finish with a squeeze of lemon.
- Enjoy x x