Well what is the secret ingredient?? It’s Turmeric of course! I’ve said it before but Turmeric is such a wonder spice, I leave it on my kitchen bench and throw it into my cooking whenever I can!
Turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory and antioxidant as well as helping with indigestion and weightloss, it is also said to improve brain function and reduce heart disease (win, win!). Turmeric has an earthy spicy flavour and can compliment sweet dishes surprisingly well!
You will need:
1/2 cup of mixed raw nuts
4 brazil nuts
1/4 cup of pistachios
1/4 cup of coconut flakes
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla powder
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 cup or raisins
1/2 cup of pitted medal dates
protein powder **optional
- Combine all of the ingredients into a blender such as the Vitamix (except for the topping). Blend on a low setting and use a tamper to combine as the mixture becomes moist. I like to leave mine with a few larger pieces of the nuts and seeds!
- Put the mixture into a mixing bowl. Use tablespoon measures for each ball and roll between your hands (this mixture is quite oily but that is normal and great moisturiser for you hands!!)
- Roll the balls in the cinnamon
- Pop the balls onto a baking tray and place into the freezer for at least 1/2 an hour.
- These can be left in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 3 months….just pull them out as you need them or the night before!
- Enjoy xx