These breakfast muffins couldn’t get much easier and make a nice variation if you’ve got stuck eating scrambled egg on toast every morning. I say ‘breakfast’ muffins but you could eat them at any time of the day and if you make a few extra they will keep in the fridge for a couple of days which makes them a great snack as well.
Adding quinoa means you get even more protein, fibre and vitamins….winning! I usually cook quinoa once a week and I make enough for a few different recipes, such as my love yo’self bowl and my quinoa sushi
The same principle goes for the filling, I pan fried the courgette but you could use some left over roasted vegetables if you have them or some cooked salmon would work really nicely.
I hope you enjoy!
You will need:
1 x tbsp of olive/coconut oil
4 x eggs
1 x cup of cooked quinoa
1/2 an onion
1/2 courgette (zucchini)
30g goats cheese, cut into small bitesize pieces
2 x sprigs of thyme
30g salmon** optional
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C. (I use fan forced)
- Pan fry the onion in some olive/coconut oil. Add in the courgette and cook through. Put to one side.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat. Add in the courgette mix, goats cheese, thyme, quinoa and salmon and stir ingredients.
- Line your ramekin dishes with baking paper.
- Pour in the mixture
- Place the ramekins into the oven and cook for 25 minutes.
- Enjoy x x
** Feel free to have some avocado, cherry tomatoes and spinach on the side drizzled with lemon and olive oil.