I call these my ‘Fitfood’ rice paper rolls because of all the veggies and natural goodness you can cram inside them! You can be so creative and as you can see from the photos I even put fruit in mine (so damn gooood!!).
Whatever your preferences and dietary requirements are you can find something you like to go inside them. What I have included below is just a guide so feel free to adapt and modify as you see fit. I would love to hear your creations so make sure you let me know in the comments below or on Instagram @sophieluxe #sophieluxeeats
You will need:
6-10 rice paper sheets
1 x carrot, shredded/spiralised
1 x cucumber shredded/spiralised
1 x zucchini/courgette spiralised
3 tbsp kimchi
10 cherry tomatoes, sliced
1 x fig
2 x strawberries
2 tbsp of mung beans
20 sprigs of mint
1 cup of hot smoked salmon **optional
1/2 cup of marinated tofu **optional
For the sauce:
2 tbsp tamari
1 tbsp nut butter
1/2 tsp sesame oil
juice of 1/2 lime
1 tsp of sesame seeds
Makes 6 – 10 rice paper rolls (depending on how fat you like them!)
- Firstly, prepare all of your vegetables and set out in bowls.
- Dip one rice paper sheet into a bowl of warm water until soft. Lift out and place onto a clean tea towel on the worktop.
- Arrange your fruit, vegetables and protein onto the sheet. See below for my combinations
- Fold the sheet over the filling and then fold in both sides. Roll until the filling is enclosed.
- Repeat with the other rice paper sheets.
- For the sauce, simply mix the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Dip your rolls in the sauce and enjoy
- x x
My favourite combos:
- Salmon, cucumber and mint
- Carrot, tofu, radish and mint
- Cucumber and strawberry
- Carrot, pepper, cucumber and mung bean
- Zucchini, fig, carrot
- Kimchi, tomato, radish and carrot