I just love the combination of fruit, cheese and salad. Now that we are in summer the beautiful varieties of stone fruit around had me excited to create a dish like this. For me this is exactly what summer is all about and is light yet deliciously creamy with the big chunks of burrata.
You will need:
2 x peaches/nectarines
1-2 balls of burrata
50 gm. roasted hazelnuts
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic
20ml Apple cider vinegar
20g maple syrup
30ml hazelnut oil
salt and pepper
3 basil leaves
- If you can’t get hold of burrata you can use mozzarella, which is a similar taste. It won’t however have the drizzly, gooey-ness that the burrata will have.
- If you are vegan or lactose intolerant don’t be deterred, this salad is still delicious without the cheese.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C
- Dry roast your hazelnuts for around 10 minutes in a pan or baking tray, place to one side and peel once cooled
- Cut the peaches into slices, place on a char grill pan or BBQ and cook until char-grilled.
- Place the vinegar, garlic, syrup, mustard and dressing into a high-speed blender. Season and then add the oil on a low setting until it looks creamy.
- Place the salad leaves in a bowl and dress with ¾ of the dressing and the roasted hazelnuts.
- Put the dressed salad into bowls and top with the peaches and broken burrata.
- Finish with the remainder of the dressing.
- Season to taste
**this recipe was originally written and styled by me for the Spring edition of Retreat Yourself Box