Honestly this reminds me of my mums fruit crumble SO much which is such an awesome food memory for me! This is so easy to make and I can guarantee you friends, family or loved ones will be asking for seconds. I try to limit my dairy so I use coconut milk ice cream and I find it compliments the dish really well.
You will need:
1 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup rolled oats (optional)
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cardamom
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp vanilla powder
4x tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 cup berries
1x Orange, juiced
1/2 Lemon, juice
1 tsp. Acai
Coconut milk ice cream
- Preheat te oven to 200 degrees C – Fan forced
- Combine the apple, pear, berries, apple and orange juice and acai into a bowl. Mix and leave to one side.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the crumble apart from the coconut oil into a high speed blender. Blend until the mix is quite fine. Add to a bowl with the melted coconut oil and combine the mixture until it is quite crumbly.
- Add the fruit filling to an oven proof dish and top with the crumble.
- Bake for approx 45 minutes, checking occasionally,
- At approximately 20 minutes in I dropped the temperature to 160 degrees C
- Serve with dollops of ice cream
- x x
- You can be inventive with the fruit you use, like rhubarb and forest fruits.